Friday, August 14, 2015

Final Blog



           Today is my last official day at the GCCVB, I will be returning to volunteer given openings in my schedule. But after today I will no longer be an Intern. I have learned so much with my time here and my passion for tourism has grown exponentially!
It is strange saying goodbye because it feels like I just began. Looking back I am proud of my projects and my choice to intern at the GCCVB. I had been offered a front desk position at Cedar Point and a Manager Position at a Hampton Inn. But I decided that Tourism seemed the better fit for me. And I haven’t regretted the decision not even for a second.
The staff here at the GCCVB really made this internship such a positive experience. I have to brag about how awesome they all are! Amanda has been my mentor for years and her encouragement has really fueled my interest in Tourism. Karen and Paula were so welcoming and made me feel a part of the team instantly. It has been an honor to work alongside these professionals. The Board of Trustees has been so encouraging to me and they are a great group to work with!
I have learned that tourism is about having pride for your home (assuming you live there). But most of all tourism comes with great purpose. To pass along the history of a place so that those before us are not forgotten, all while creating our own place in history.

Gallia County: Our Town. Our Home. Our Legacy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Ten Fun Staycation Ideas

Hi there! Assistant Director Kaitlynn here, I just got back to the office after a wonderful Staycation here in Gallia County! The plan f...