Tuesday, March 14, 2017
50 Fun Things To Do In Gallia County
1. Borrow a bike from the Bossard Memorial Library and go for a spin.
2. Take a class at the Artisan Shoppe and Studio
3. Spend the afternoon in the Gallipolis City Park, toss a Frisbee or view the memorials
4. Take the Downtown Gallipolis Walking Tour
5. If you're 21 and older, stop by the Merry Family Winery and Craft Brewery for a taste of Southeastern Ohio made wine.
6. Catch a movie or live performance and some tasty food at Colony Club.
7. View the exhibits at the French Art Colony or take a tour of the historic home.
8. Learn about the Welsh Heritage of Gallia County at the Madog Center for Welsh Studies.
9. Book a tour of the Ariel-Ann Carson Dater Performing Arts Centre or attend a performance
10. Discover your roots at the Gallia County Genealogical Society, OGS Chapter.
11. Step back in time at the Adamsville Village in Rio Grande.
12. Challenge yourself at the Cliffside Golf Course.
13. Visit Bob Evans Farm Homestead Museum
14. Tour the Our House Tavern Museum to learn about Gallia County life in 1819.
15. Roll and jump into some fun at the Gallipolis Roller Bounce
16. Get the best view in town at Mound Hill Cemetery that overlooks Gallipolis, the Ohio River and West Virginia
17. The John Gee Black Historical Center will educate you on the traditions, culture, crafts, music and art of African-Americans from Southeastern Ohio's past and present.
18. Catch the latest films at Silver Screen VII.
19. Do some fishing or just enjoy the breeze of the Ohio River at our public access dock.
20. Drive through the countryside with the Gallia County Quilt Barn Trail
21. Attend a sporting event at the University of Rio Grande
22. Visit the local shops of Downtown Gallipolis.
23. Have a chat with the Gallia County Historical Society
24. Take a trail ride at Rio Valley Stables
25. Attend a performance by the Riverby Theatre Guild
26. Create your own sweet treat at Sprinkle and Pop
27. Don't miss wing night at Courtside Bar and Grill
28. Test your knowledge at the French Art Colony's Monthly Trivia Nights
29. Peruse the Raised Around Rio Farmer and Artisan Market
30. Have fun at the playground and picnic area at the Rio Grande Reservoir
31. Play soccer, hit up the monkey bars or throw a birthday party in one of the shelter houses at Raccoon Creek Country Park.
32. Learn about the history of the Silver Bridge disaster at the silver bridge memorial plaque and get a unique view of the Ohio River
33. Visit the Ohio Tattoo Museum
34. Take on the Gallia Hike and Bike Trail
35. Go antiquing
36. Play cards at Next Level Gaming
37. Have a blast at Haskins Park
39. Practice your skills at the Skate park
40. Take a dip in the City Pool
41. Visit Skyline Bowling Center of Gallipolis and knock down a few pins
42. Check out the Elizabeth Evans Waterfowl and Bird Sanctuary
43. See the monuments dedicated to the original French 500 settlers to Gallipolis at the Pine Street Cemetery.
44. In Autumn, take the self guided Fall Foliage Tour
45. Take the Heritage Tour of Gallia County to learn about the founders of Gallia.
46. From May to September take the GCCVB's Passport Challenge Tour
47. In the summer enjoy the work of Gallipolis in Bloom in downtown Gallipolis
48. Let Boardroom46 help you create a one-of-a-kind sign
49. Be sure to come back to the Gallipolis City Park in December and see the Gallipolis in Lights Christmas display.
50. Stop by the Gallia County CVB and learn about all the fun events and programs we offer residents and guests!
The French Art Colony, regional multi-art center, in Gallipolis, Ohio, is thrilled to announce its 2018 multi-arts programming for y...
2017 Gallipolis Christmas Parade REGISTRATION Now – November 17 Parade will be December 2 at 1:00pm Downtown Gallipolis...
Can you smell it? That crisp fall air? Fall has returned to Gallia County and there is always so much to jump into during this time of...
Events in Gallia County Novembe...