|10th photo I took....|
I have been involved with the Gallia County Convention and Visitors Bureau off and on for the past 5ish years and now I am the Assistant Director here! Now that I have been here for a solid 3 months I thought I would share a "typical day" and what that means is every single day is different here, so I will use a more generalized description.
8:00 a.m. : Arrive at the CVB which is at 441 Second Ave, Gallipolis, Ohio (across from the Post Office)
8:05 a.m. : Sit at desk with coffee/tea/beverage of choice and read the Gallipolis Daily Tribune. It is important to be up to date on all happenings! Then it is time to jump into my email as well as reply to any social media questions we may have received.
8:45 a.m. : Create a to-do list or review any tasks that need to be done from the previous day
9:00 -11:59 a.m. : This time of day I could be working on a number of projects here is a list of potential projects.
- Gallia County BBQ Festival (See previous article for more details!)
- Advertizing for more teams or community organizations to set up
- Creating Flyers
- Promoting the GCCVB Passport Challenge via Social Media or other forms of marketing.
- Setting up at the Bossard Library
- Editing the Word on the Street Web Series
- Preparing reports to present at our Board meetings
- This is also the time when we have our weekly staff meetings on Friday to discuss upcoming events to ensure everyone is on the same page.
- And more...
- Updating our blog (it is currently 3:25 p.m., right on schedule)
- Updating my project dry erase board. This lists all of my current projects and what needs done with them.
- Sharing events via social media. I always try to find events that others are hosting and share them with our wider audience.
- Returning to projects that were driving me crazy from the morning and attempting to fix what wasn't working for me then.
- Prepping for an event