Thursday, May 28, 2015

Marketing #VisitGallia


Growing up in Gallia County I always thought that there wasn't anything to do around here. However after working here at The Gallia County Convention and Visitor's Bureau I have learned that there is much more going on than I originally thought. For example, this weekend Bob Evans Farms is Hosting a Bulls, Broncs and Barrels event. Or stretch your legs at the 3rd Annual Aubie STRONG 5K Run/Walk. Gallia County and the surrounding areas offer fun events throughout the year, here at the Bureau we focus on getting the word out about local events!

As the Intern, it is awesome to see what goes into these events. All the time and effort to organize and promote events are a lot of work.  As a Visitor's Bureau, we do our best to get the word out about events through different marketing outlets. Marketing was one of the subjects that I really loved at Ohio University and I really enjoy that I can combine my passion for tourism with my interest in marketing. We are constantly relaying information on social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter. But I'm still a big believer with face-to-face marketing, passing out flyers on the street, attending festivals to get the work out, etc. As I have talked about in previous posts it is about who you are targeting when you choose your marketing scheme. In Gallia, you reach more people though social media but yet audiences still crave that small town hospitality. Get out there this weekend and enjoy a little bit of Gallia. #VisitGallia

Check out our FB Page: www.facebook.com/GalliaCountyConventionAndVisitorsBureau


Gallia County Convention and Visitors Bureau's photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ten Fun Staycation Ideas

Hi there! Assistant Director Kaitlynn here, I just got back to the office after a wonderful Staycation here in Gallia County! The plan f...