Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Senior Citizens Day

Today, along with Amanda Crouse our Executive Director, we tabled at the Senior Citizens Day located at the Gallia Senior Resource Center. We passed out lots of freebies such as lanyards, can cozies, round "tuits" and brochures. Even though I grew up in Gallia County I had never been to the Senior Resource Center. I'll be honest I figured that this would be boring. However, those Senior Citizens were beyond thrilled at all the free goodies, in fact they reminded me a lot of college students when they get free stuff. Along with our table several other businesses were represented, Arbors and Family Oxygen and Medical Equipment to say a few. The Buckeye Hills Diverse Health Occupations students were also present and assisting with the event, passing out food, running BINGO and visiting with the guests. At our table we interacted with the guests and gave them information regarding upcoming events. This really got me thinking about target markets for events. Today we use so much social media to get the word out that sometimes we forget that not everyone is plugged in but those folks shouldn't be forgotten! Todays take-away is to not focus all your marketing into one outlet because you can miss so many people in the shuffle.

Thanks for reading
Kait

Amanda sneaked a picture of me...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ten Fun Staycation Ideas

Hi there! Assistant Director Kaitlynn here, I just got back to the office after a wonderful Staycation here in Gallia County! The plan f...